The East Washington Heights Baptist Church
Minister of Music Position
The East Washington Heights Baptist church, located at 2220 Branch Avenue, in Southeast Washington D.C., is searching for a Minister of Music. Our church is dedicated to the love of Christ and neighbors. We are seeking someone who will help us with our mission, through robust and spiritual, musical expression in worship.
The minister of music will serve as the director of the church's entire music program, as well as director of the present adult choirs and special Sunday choirs.
- Committed to Jesus Christ and the church's ministry of saving souls.
- Strong musical background. Proficient in piano, and familiarity with the Hammond and pipe organs. Proficiency in choral directing. Demonstrated ability to teach sound and various vocal techniques.
- Able to reflect the spirit of the church through musical performances that glorify God.
- Sight-reading ability. Ability to play by ear. Familiar church musical repertoire.
- An earnest desire to expand and enrich our music program.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with others.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Good administrative skills.
- A person of compassion and integrity. Willing to be flexible.
- Degree in music or similar discipline helpful but not required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in music ministry.
- The minister of music reports to the Pastor and collaborates with the church's music board.
- Primarily the Minister of music will work with the pastor on matters of worship and thematic topics.
- The Minister of Music will work with the music board on program development and scheduling matters.
To apply for this position, please contact the church office at (202)582-4811, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.